I’ve been promoting my own music for years, and that’s why I decided to build my own promotion agency named The Bridge Promotion. But could you chose to work with me or with other great services, I think these lines could help you to see a little bit more clear in this promotion jungle. Enjoy !
If making music is an entire job, promoting it too. Creating the content is definitely not the end of the hard road, it’s only the beginning and spreading the word is definitely the second step, especially for independent artists !
There are at least 5 reasons why you should consider to work with a promotion company to establish your name :
- Promoting music is art too, with things that work and others that doesn’t, and it requires some profesional skills gained by years of experiment.
- It gives a very profesionnal look to your web presence, that will underline your grind.
- It will permit you to have more time to focus on what’s your very job : creating your music.
- You will have access to new medias and networks you’re not in yet (you can’t promote your music only to your same 100 friends during your whole life).
- That record that took you several months to do fairly deserves a decent life time on the Internet, don’t you think ?
With that said, working with a promotion service company is definitely a good strategy. But it’s another thing to chose one carefully.
These 5 other points should help you to chose the one that fits you the best :
- How do they work ? Be cautious about their working methods, because they will represent you.
- How do they take care of their own network ? The more smart their networking strategies are, the more your music will benefit from it.
- How do they report their work to their customers ? Yeah, sending emails is cool, but showing results is better.
- Can they adapt their usual methods to your very own project ? Yes I say it, the product defines the strategy.
- How many contacts do they say they have ? 20 000 contacts ? Let’s be serious, a data base of 20 000 contacts is basically impossible to update, and can let you think that they don’t really know their media partners. Which is quite embarrasing if they’re supposed to send your music to them.
At the end of the day, promoting music is just putting the right music, the right way, in the right hands !