Since day one, the homie J. Rizzle of DefinitionOfFresh holds me down and relentlessly support my music. This genuine dude is a real hiphop head, with a lot of knowledge and an impressive network ! Plus he runs a dope and complete hiphop blog, supporting independent artists to the fullest ! Logically, I had to ask him : how to be an emcee ?
1) What do you expect the most from an emcee ?
What I expect from an emcee is character and knowledge of history of Hip Hop
2) What do you like the most from emcees nowadays ?
What I like about most about emcees these days is their desire use the media outlets available to put out their music.
3) Chose one : flow or meaning ?
4) New track every week or two album a year ?
Doesn’t matter due to creativity can happen every week or you can have enough material for two albums within a year.
5) The beat thing an emcee can do for his / her fans ?
The best thing an emcee can do for his / her fans is put out QUALITY music.
6) Your best advices for emcees in 2015 ?
The best advice for emcees in 2015 is believe in tour talent, remain humble and always know « Someone is always listening ».
7) The topic that emcees should talk about ?
Emcees should talk about a variety of topics from news to life experiences.
8) The website or social media you use the most to discover new talents ?
I use a variety of websites such as Soundcloud, OkayPlayer, CoolFD’s podcast and everyday emails I recieve.
9) Name a producer you know emcees should work with
I think emcees should work with Cool FD and the collective producers at Millienium Jazz Music (cool check the spelling on Millienium, thanks)
10) The emcee you would suggest us to follow ?