Well … if it’s money over bitches and respect over money, I would like to complete the sentence with : respect starts with a « thank you ». So it’s « Thank You » over everything. Basically.
More seriously speaking, saying thank you is powerful. And at the same time, saying thank you do not cost a dime. Besides the interesting fact that it will put you away from the amazing number of people who forget to be thankful, saying thank you has a lot of advantages for us, the independent artists.
First, let’s try to see why saying thank you is important ?
- It puts you in a positive state of mind
- It increases your chances to be well considered by your helpers / influencers / soon co grinder
- Consequently, it increases a lot the probability to keep on speaking with these people, and this way, to build a strong relationship with him / her / them.
Now that we are clear, let’s imagine some cool ways to be thankful, depending on who you want to be thankful with (as an independent artist) :
- A fan / listener / supporter : interview him or her on your blog / release a video shout out / send him or her a free stuff with a hand written letter
- An artist : share his or her work on your website, blog, social medias / invite him or her to write a cool post on your blog
- A blogger / influencer : set up an exclusive release for his or her website / interview him or her on your website
- A customer : set up a special deal for his or her birthday
- A Deejay : send a special audio drop for him or her with your brand new track / send him or her your acapellas for his or her cuts
- A radioshow host : send a special audio drop for him or her with your brand new track / forward to him or her some good music submissions from people you know
Well, I hope this new cool tips post helped you in any way possible ! If you got knowledge to share about that, feel free to comment and / or to reach me by email (contact.coolfd@gmail) or on social medias !